What Is Light Therapy? What Are the Benefits of Different Light Rays?
Light therapy, also known as phototherapy, is a high tech lasers most dermatologist use for treating psoriasis; esthetician's use red-light and blue-light for acne; surgeons us for advanced surgical procedures. Although, overexposure of UV rays can produce burns, blistering, increase risk of skin cancer, and cause premature aging. UV rays for a limited of time 2 to 3 minutes to 8 minutes can be beneficial if done in the most qualifies and professional manner. The light rays are used to kill bacteria on the skin and to help the body produce vitamin D. Improves texture of skin.
Benefit Effect of Different Light rays:
- ultraviolet: Increase the elimination of waste products; improves the flow of blood lymph; has a germicidal and antibacterial effect; produces vitamin D in the skin; can be used to treat rickets, psoriasis, and acne.
- Infrared: Heats and relaxes the skin; dilates blood vessels and increases circulation; produces chemical changes; increases metabolism; increases production of perspiration and oil; deep penetration relives in sore muscles; soothes nerves.
- White light: Relieves pain in the back of the neck and shoulders; produces some chemical
- Blue light: Soothes nerves; improves acne; improves skin tone; provides some chemical and germicidal effects; used for mild cases of skin eruptions; produce little heat.
- Red light: Improves dry, scaly, wrinkled skin; increases rate of collagen building;